All sixth form students at the academy are expected to adhere to the dress code. We believe that a dress code based on the principles of a professional workplace promotes a positive image of the sixth form to younger students, parents, prospective employers, admissions tutors, the local community and visitors to the school.
Students must wear:
- Formal black, brown or navy shoes (you must be able to polish them)
- Formal suit trousers, a skirt or dress in plain black, navy blue or grey. Skirts and dresses should be modest in length and style (no figure-hugging lycra, leather-like material, or bare shoulders)
- A formal shirt or plain polo shirt with a collar in the student's choice of colour
- Plain tights or socks.
Students may also wear:
- A suit jacket in black, navy blue or grey
- A tie in any colour
- A plain belt which ensures trousers are worn appropriately
- A plain knitted jumper or cardigan in black, navy blue or grey
- A plain black, blue or navy coat
- A plain knitted scarf may be worn outside during winter
- Formal black, blue or brown ankle or knee length boots (which can be polished) as an alternative to shoes. Students are advised to check with a senior teacher in the sixth form before wearing boots.
Students are NOT permitted to wear:
- Hoodies, sweatshirts or tracksuit tops
- Logos (other than those which are small and unobtrusive) on any item of clothing
- Denim in any colour
- Baseball caps, bandanas or durags
- Excessive jewellery (including large or hoop earrings and visible body or facial piercings)
- Trainers, casual or canvas footwear
- T shirts or strappy tops
- Underwear on show
- Leggings or jeggings
- Tracksuit and jogging bottoms or casual trousers
Presentations demonstrating acceptable and unacceptable dress can be found below.
The academy retains the right to act as the final authority on the interpretation of the dress code. If unsure, students and parents should consult the sixth form leadership team for clarification before purchasing an item. Students who arrive at school inappropriately dressed will be required to return home to change.