Education & Football Programme
EDUCATION & FOOTBALL PROGRAMME
in association with AFC Wimbledon
Launching September 2019 - AFC Wimbledon Girls. If you are interested in this programme, please contact Andrew May ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) for more details.
AFC Wimbledon Boys
Are you a teenager aiming to boost your career options and keep playing football at the same time? If so, then the AFC Wimbledon Football & Education Programme could be just what you are looking for.
The Football & Education Programme runs for a two year period and during this time students are able to study from a wide-range of A Level and BTEC courses. In addition, students receive approximately 6-9 hours per week in active training from UEFA qualified Academy coaches and play in regular league mathces representing the club.
There are two parts to the application process:
- Apply online to join Southfields Academy Sixth Form. You need to fill out an online application on our ULAS page.
- Attend and pass the trial. Trials will be held during the course of the year. You can book a trial by visiting the AFC Wimbledon website. You can also email Andrew May ( email@example.com )for more details. If you would like to discuss the programme, please call 020 8247 9911.
Note: You must bring playing kit - boots fit for astroturf, shin pads (no pads no play), towel, shower sandals and a non-fizzy drink.
The Football & Education programme has proven to be very successful in recent years and has produced players who have gone on to:
- Progress and represent the club's Football League Youth side.
- Earn scholarships with the club.
- Earn professional contracts with the club.
- Represent England Colleges Under-19s.